Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Events > Past Events

Old 06-30-2013, 10:01 AM
President

Default 2013 MOD Rally feedback

Photo Galllery is up under events. Well folks another MOD rally in the books. What a awesome time and my heartfelt and deepest thank you to all of the staff that worked so hard to make this happen! Also a big thank you to all the folks that came out to support this event. It just get bigger and better every year! We have 52 vehicles register and I believe about 200 people participated. As with so many things of this size there is good and not so good along with room for improvement. I know there was some confusion on trail marking and where to go and we will do better next year I promise! I want to give a big shout out to the recovery crew as they worked thier tails of making sure folks got rounded up and everyone got out, that is a huge job for 5 guys to do over 65 miles of trails . I think our coms were better then ever this year also. What can you say about the set up crew at Genes, you nailed it once again! From what I hear that crew busted but and our newest members Vicki and Jimmy looked as if they had been there from year one as they were right on point and rolling like a fine tuned machine. We did have a couple cases of carnage one of which resulted in injuries but we jumped in and stabilized him and got him loaded and out very quickly. A special thank to Pat Brower from UFWDA who tagged along, jumped in and gave a hand no matter the task and in the end graced everyone who participated a 1 year membership to UFWDA! I could go on but I will close saying this club never ceases to amaze and impress me with the hard work and commitment to everything we do. Another damn fine day to be a Lion!

Please share and comment or concerns good or not so good so we can all work to make this the best experience for everyone as possible. Thanks again everyone.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:35 PM
President

Here is a link to UFWDA web page. www.ufwda.org , go check them out and support them so they can fight to keep our trails open! Everyone in the club and and everyone that ran the rally have received a level 1 membership! Thank you Pat and thank you UFWDA! We are behind you 100% I also look forward to your next visit and to becoming certified off road driving instructors! See you soon!

Last edited by drvnmsbessie; 06-30-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 07:11 PM
FOL Officers

I enjoyed the rally.
For me, it was the best one yet. I hope next year's can include some sort of ORV site events as well.

Last edited by muskegmike; 07-01-2013 at 04:21 AM. Reason: clarity
Old 06-30-2013, 09:21 PM
FOL Officers

A few pix from the banquet and the run itself posted. out of time for now. will post more from the run and the set up later.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:15 AM
FOL Officers

Some more pics are up sketching an outline of events and club relevant imagery. I might insert more action shots after a bit. For shots of individual entrant vehicles in repose and action try checking facebook.com / Alaskan Foray periodically.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Secretary

I think that we, as a Club, did a fantastic job on and off the trail!
We are growing bigger and better every year. Hopefully next year we can utilize the ORV Park for part, if not all of the Rally
I am so proud of every Club member that helped throughout this event

Last edited by Wrangler X; 07-02-2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:31 AM

I just wanted to say a BIG Thanks again to all that helped me out getting the old Bronco back down. I know Mike and Erik were a big help and everyone else, I’m not that great with names, but nevertheless Thank You. Even though my truck didn’t make the whole trail your guys went above and beyond to make sure I was able to see it. I have to say we really felt at home, and us guys from Wasilla really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to riding with y’all again.
Ryan
Old 07-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Treasurer

What a fantastic event! I am still crunching numbers but this looks to be our biggest fund raising rally yet for the March of Dimes.

I truly appreciate EVERYONE that helped with the event and want to give you all a big hug! We improve each year and I look forward to expanding into the ORV Park in the future. What really makes me smile is seeing the participation of our member families. We have a terrific club.

My heart felt thanks!

Donna
Old 07-02-2013, 07:50 PM
Fairbanks Offroad Lions Member

Sorry I missed this one. I was thinkin about you guys.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:39 AM

Trail_Fanatic aka Pat Brower from UFWDA.
I use that screen name on all the forums I frequent. If you see me somewhere else, say 'hello'!

I had a fantastic time! THANK YOU FORL! You ran a great event and handled the 'unexpected' like you'd planned it all along.

I'd just like to let everyone know that your UFWDA Membership Packets will be on their way soon. We ship them USPS, so they can take up to 4-6 weeks down here in the lower 48; they might take a little longer to get up to you folks. They'll get there, but not tomorrow, lol.

You'll receive your Membership Card, a UFWDA logo sticker for your vehicle, and welcome letter. Your membership also entitles you to access the "Members Only" portions of our website forums, a vote at our Annual General Meeting (AGM), and you may run for a position on the Board of Directors if you so wish.

Since all the members of the FORL are now UFWDA members, that makes FORL a 100% supporting club. Any 100% supporting club automatically qualifies for a 25% discount for any of its new members who join FORL and UFWDA this year ($15 per person instead of $20 for FUWDA membership) and for ALL the club's members if/when FORL renews it's UFWDA membership next year and every year they remain a 100% supporting organization thereafter.

I sure look forward to seeing you all again!