Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Offroad Forums > Public Land Usage

Old 01-25-2010, 08:48 PM
President

Default Open a dialog with trail users

I would like to open a dialog with ALL trail users, motorized and non-motorized. I have contacted a few user groups and still have yet to hear from them. If you are a trail user of any kind and are reading this thread please register and let us know whats on your mind. What are you ideas, gripes, concern's, solutions etc. The Fairbanks Offroad Lion's are committed to having a healthy and productive relationship with other users of the states trail systems. We are dedicated to keeping trails safe and user friendly for all user groups and WANT your input. Good or bad. This is a open disscussion that will be ongoing. You can also email me, just click on my profile and either PM me or send me a email. Thank you, Cory Bellows - President.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:31 PM
President

I know there are other user groups that have read this post but no replies. Folks this is how we start to build a working trail system for everyone.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
President

I will be meeting with the Snow Traveller's tonight at 7pm at Northern Power Sport's. Anyone that can be there would be nice. Thanks
Old 02-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Fairbanks Offroad Lions Member

Goodluck Cory. You'll be dealing with our "friend" from Cleary Summit.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:07 AM

Hey Cory, figured I'd register and see what's what. This is John J with FST.

Ovalfiend, your friend at Cleary has done lots to keep the trails open for everyone. Its not that he or others want to eliminate a class of trail user, but would appreciate some consideration by other users as well as trying to return that consideration. I won't get into long drawn out details, but he has watched as thousands of dollars worth of $ and labor was trashed because a few refused to try and work together.

User trail conflicts has been a long standing concern for the motorized users (us and you), we all get hammered, but maybe a good, courtesy, and productive open line of communication will help.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:34 AM
President

HAd a very good meeting with the Snow Traveler's. Thank you for the invite. Got alot of interest and good feedback. Seems like we are on the same page. I look forward to working with you guys. In referance to Ovalfiend's comment it was not a negative one only remembers and unproductive back and forth from the past with another club we belong to. Not to view either in a negative light just that things could have gone better. However the past is behind us and we can learn from it and move forward and be produtive to get this going. Thanks again for the input. Talk to you guys soon.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:28 PM
Secretary

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvnmsbessie View Post
I would like to open a dialog with ALL trail users, motorized and non-motorized. I have contacted a few user groups and still have yet to hear from them. If you are a trail user of any kind and are reading this thread please register and let us know whats on your mind. What are you ideas, gripes, concern's, solutions etc. The Fairbanks Offroad Lion's are committed to having a healthy and productive relationship with other users of the states trail systems. We are dedicated to keeping trails safe and user friendly for all user groups and WANT your input. Good or bad. This is a open disscussion that will be ongoing. You can also email me, just click on my profile and either PM me or send me a email. Thank you, Cory Bellows - President.