Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Offroad Forums > Build and Projects

Old 04-28-2013, 10:16 PM
President

Default Bessie

Well I guess I should start the build thread on her. So after selling dads Yellow CJ ( Betsy) you guys see me in most of the time I got back in Bessie and the 'ol six banger just isn't the V8 power I enjoy. Betsy had the small block 400 in her pulling around 200 hp. Bessie has 135hp, no comparison and just isn't going to cut it for what I enjoy. Even though I have less than 5k miles on this engine and build she's out and going in will be the new 435hp 383 stroker! That should do it! ( for awhile, lol ) with that said the engine & tranny along with the complete Borla exhaust is out. Now I'm going to clean the engine comp. out, cut out the old motor mounts, strip out the wiring I will not need and start putting it together. Engine is done,new TH350 is done w/ Novak adapter attached, the new 4bbl fuel injection & Warn rear Rock Crawler bumper and tire carrier is on the way, aluminum radiator, puller fan, motor mounts, shorty ceramic headers, have been sitting in boxes waiting. Still tons of work to do but the goal is to have her ready for our first big weekend trip on Memorial weekend. She should be a beast!

Last edited by drvnmsbessie; 04-28-2013 at 10:19 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Membership Director

Betsy was very special and I am honored to have got to know her a lil bit.
This new build, well, sounds like new-age big name needed. What are you gonna call her/he?