Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Offroad Forums > Public Land Usage

Old 01-31-2011, 08:42 PM

Default Stampede Trail

Wanted to pass some info on to you guys I got in an email.

Quote:
Hi-
Friends of Stampede is a group that formed late last year, based along the Stampede Road outside Healy. We'd like to see lands along the Stampede Trail designated as a State Recreation Area, and thought you'd be interested in working with our group to support this. The idea was originally suggested by a borough Assembly member in 2007, and several members of your group testified in support at a Healy meeting. This borough resolution passed, and the state followed through with a bill during the same year. More recently, we have been working on getting current resolutions of support from borough government (2 resolutions were passed in January with unanimous support), and a few weeks ago Senator Thomas and Representative Guttenberg reintroduced bills (SB 60, HB 113) to create a State Recreation Area along the Stampede Trail. We feel that it's important to get all of the different users of the area on the same page, and would like to see your members get involved. We have a lot more information available...shoot me an email at friendsofstampede@gmail.com, or call me at 687-2403. I'd be happy to answer any questions, and could register on your site to answer them directly if you think it would be helpful.
Look forward to hearing from you!
Hannah Ragland, for Friends of Stampede
I and a few others attended the meetings in Healy concerning this. this is something that all off road groups in the state need to look into.

Mel
AO President