Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Events > Meet & Greet

Old 06-13-2013, 11:33 PM
President

Made it! Campers set up, trailer ready, Mike setting up, Jason eta less than 1hr. I'm heading for a dozer to make a parking area. More later! Get packed and get here everyone!
Old 06-14-2013, 01:10 PM
President

Dozed until 12am then bed. Up at 8am and ready to go, Jason and I went and had some flyers made and are now back and working on parking lot. Jason is getting some excavator training and I went back to the dozer but she's out of oil so I'm waiting on that. Still time to come down folks!

Last edited by drvnmsbessie; 06-18-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:40 AM
President

Ok time for the late night update. It was a proud day to be a Lion in this club today! It really was a busy place around here today, as tomorrow the actual shindig kicks off. Met some good folks, chatted with other clubs, saw some old friends and met new ones. It has been a pleasure to see another nice offroad event with a spectators/guest eye's. Jason and I worked on the parking area most of the day. Jason ran the excavator and pulled all of the good dirt we could scavenge from different areas, he did well for a guy who was thrown in and said ok do this in a pc of equipment he's has never touched. I have missed running heavy equipment for two years now, but I don't know that my body did! Some cool rigs are here and Jason and I are manning the booth tomorrow. Hmm I wonder if he knows this? Ha ha. The obsticle course looks chalanging. I may poke at it but I'm afraid the pressure is more than the TJ can bear. And just think in two weeks we get to have our event! The month of June will be a good month for wheeling!

Last edited by drvnmsbessie; 06-15-2013 at 03:46 AM.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:09 PM
President

12pm and all is well. Got the booth up this am, talked with some folks who may be coming up for our rally, checked out a ton of cool rigs and just manning the booth. Saw some carnage first thing in the obstacle course, I'm thinking I may try it out but with the TJ being open and no lockers I won't get far. But we'll give her a try! I'll keep ya posted!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:01 PM
Secretary

Hey Cory, just wondering ..... Are you having a good time????
Old 06-15-2013, 04:39 PM
President

Well even the sun shines on a dogs butt sometimes! The 'ol TJ rocked and made it through some of the hardest obsticle's! I did not attempt the second mud hole as it was almost 5' deep and we all know how much I love mud! I was 50 yards from the end and could have chosen the ruts that were for normal sized rigs but after such good success thus far the Jeeps ego said " you can do if " so we decided to take the monster holes, well the ego was shattered! Lol when I dropped in we did a nose stand, when I found my line I just about popped back up and out but then the dreaded BANG!! Yup snapped the rear d-line! Awesome pics coming and we have video too! Another good day to be a Lion! Our crew has been shooting photo and video all day and spotting for the rocks. What a crew we have! Well signing off and we will see you again!
Old 06-17-2013, 06:04 PM
President

Photo gallery is up! Made it home in one pc. had some minor RV issues but still got home. This was a blast and next year we will be going again and if you did not make it you missed out, so start planning now. Can't wait until the next meeting to share and present some info and ideas we will be working on to get our ORV park up.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:00 PM
FOL Officers

Ok so some club photos are up in the Gallery. Not a lot, but I am pretty busy. There are also a few action shots on Facebook under Alaskan Foray. When I can catch up on some other stuff, maybe I can put out some more.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:31 PM
Membership Director

I am so proud to be part of the BEST and most awesome off-road club in the state. FORL made a very positive impression. Megacab: nice job. He was on the obstacle course in 80 degree heat for about 5 hours guiding people through. It was great to watch him take over. MuskegMike: great photography! Again, without discrimination, he was out there photographing for several hours all the rigs. Dave: the man that was everywhere helping as needed. Drvnmsbessie: Nice job on the pulling the red 4 door jeep off the tires. A satisfying moment indeed. Thank you also to Trakker & April for watching over our display. And, thank you to Sami Mike, without your encouragement and support, I wouldn't have made it down. I tried to get waters down there ASAP to our members that took over, glad I could help too.
We have also been invited to another gathering August 24th, down in the same area, put on by AK Rebel Offroad. Will get more details.
It was a proud day to be US, I even had a tear in my eye I was so proud. We are a great club. GO LIONS!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 08:53 PM
Secretary

Ohhhh..... You guys make me !!!
A heart felt thank you for representing US so well!
Can't wait to hear the stories that go with Mike awesome photos