Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Offroad Forums > Thank you

Old 05-21-2010, 05:33 PM

Default Thanks to Zoomy and Joe!

Apparently the recovery I posted up was some kind of controversial...but the guys who got stuck were unaware of the stigma behind the area they got stuck at. They made a mistake, ended up paying some for a wrecker extraction, but thanks to John and Joe getting the hard job done, they paid much less than they were prepared to.

Now on to the whole wetlands/restricted area bit: As far as I see it...if I'm asked directly and am able to help with an extraction, I'll do what I can to help out, regardless of who and where it is. It's better to pull out a group of trucks from a place they already are, than compound the impact to the area by having the same trucks burned and shot up because they stayed out there one too many nights. In my mind...it's not worth the loss of your truck and belongings just for a mistake that many people have made in the past. I think having a club's name attached to an act of mercy and kindness would be more beneficial than not. The message was clear that they should steer clear of wetlands in the future, and the chunk out of their wallets helped seal the deal. These weren't the average yahoos that don't learn from their mistakes. The cops stopped by a couple times as well and didn't have anything to say about it, so in my opinion, no harm, no foul.

Just putting that out there with my sincerest thanks to John and Joe for taking time off work to help out.

It was also nice to get out on the trails again, if only for a short time before getting myself in a bad situation.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:17 PM
zoomy

thanks for the kudos, And I have to say that Joey had a lot of fun mobbing that xterra out of the bog it was in. I hope those guys pick a better area to go next time.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:39 PM
President

There was absolutely ZERO controversy about helping fellow wheelers. If that was the impression you may have gotten it was way off base and before folks spout off speculative wisdom they should know facts. I am very proud that members of the Lions were called and responded to a call for help. Good Job.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Just another example of harmless ribbing and tone not translating through text. And the fact that my thread is now moved to a subforum which I don't have access to, apparently. >.>
Old 05-21-2010, 08:28 PM
arctic_express

yep it goes in the recovery thread area