Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Offroad Forums > New Members Intro

Old 06-04-2014, 10:47 AM

Default New guy intro

Hey every one, didn't know their was any off-road clubs up this way till the wife and I went to the car show in NP last weekend. Having said that I figured I'd give you all a look up and introduce my self. The name is Mike and the wife and I just moved up this way in April from South Carolina. Been wheeling a while starting with my one off a kind liberty then my JK, my ex took the JK and had to find something a little more in my price range after that brutal divorce. I've always liked the ZJ series so I found one for dirt cheap before the move to Wainwright with plans of turning it into something I could feel good and safe with in the back country of Alaska. The new wife and I are diehard bow hunters and generally just outdoor people. As luck would have it a couple days after arriving to wainwright I found another ZJ for dirt cheap 400$ cheap that had some parts I could scratch off my build list already on it. So I'm now in the middle of the build on my original ZJ with the salvaged parts from the donor. I looks around on this forum and from what I've see the lift and bumper are now making their way onto the 3rd ZJ on this forum. I guess recycling is huge in Alaska. I'd like to hear from you all and would like to get involved in your club. I was always pretty involved with trail restoration projects fund raisers and such in the last club I was in while stationed in Washington and would love to start that part of my life back up again.

Take it easy, Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (26.4 KB, 2 views)
Old 06-04-2014, 12:01 PM

welcome, we have a meeting tonight at 6:00 and it would be great to see you there. I am also on wainwright and could help you get to the meeting if you are interested. I will pm you my contact number if you want to come.
Old 06-04-2014, 03:02 PM
President

Hey ZJ, glad you found us! I look forward to meeting you, fry lied, the meeting is at 6:30! This would be a great meeting for you as it is a huge meeting because of all the Rally's going on this month and our season has officially kicked off and we are in full wheeling mode! See you tonight. If you need directions they are on the home page or call me 378-8240
Old 06-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Default Mtg

Sorry all but I've got my cable and net instal on my house some time between 5&7. More than likely they won't be done in time for me to make it. Thanks for the invite though. I'll definitely start making some room on the calendar though.