Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Offroad Forums > New Members Intro

Old 06-27-2013, 07:23 PM

Default Mark

I will be coming down to fort wainwright ak in oct and i am trying to find some good people to ride with and bring me up to date on what kinda tires i am going to need or if i need a lift. i am driveing a 2012 jeep wrangler 4 door
ill be trying to go to 33 mtr goodyear tires but i realize i may need bigger. I love my jeep i am a city boy from new york so i am still a beginner at 4 wheel driveing.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:59 AM
President

Welcome! We look forward to meeting you. That size tire will be fine, Im not a big fan of the new MTR tread however, when they changed it they lost some IMO ability on the trail. We have a great group here and you will learn a lot and have a blast doing it. We are a charity organization also so we do many things for the community that keep us really busy. See you soon!
Old 06-28-2013, 12:21 PM
Fairbanks Offroad Lions Member

x2 on the MTR. They are kind of shunned by the local wheelers. They just don't work as well as other tires here. 33's will be fine for piddling around on the easier trails here and a good compromise for a daily driver. The guys I run with though, are running 35's and will be moving up to 37's soon on their Jeeps.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:35 PM

Ok so what tires should i run then ? so you think 35 should handle the fun trails ?
Old 06-29-2013, 01:42 PM

whats is a good lift kit btw? i was thinking about the rubicon express what do you think or do you think there is a better one around that price range i am trying to get the right specs to hang with you guys alittle bit better
Old 06-29-2013, 09:56 PM
President

Before you spend a ton, just have a great attitude and come and see what you like. There are so many different ways to set up your rig. You'll be fine for a bit. Or pm me and we can chat.