Fairbanks Offroad Lions

Go Back   Fairbanks Offroad Lions > Offroad Forums > New Members Intro

Old 06-28-2013, 03:09 AM

Default Hello Lions

The name is Ben, I have been a part of the offroading community for a couple years, was pretty big on jeepforum.com and am a co-founder and admin for two large offroad groups totaling 252 members in the Portland, OR metro. Well I moved up here to work for the tourism industry and take some time off.

Long story short, I just bought a 2011 JK unlimited rubicon and am looking at playing with it a bit before I start the upgrades here. Only have had it 2 days now. Used to driving my old 1987 wrangler on 6 inchs of lift/tj flares/35's.. So sorry if I get a bit over my head and get stuck! Would love to come out and meet some people and go wheeling with you all.

I read something about an event on Saturday, is it something you think at stock 4dr rubi can handle? I would love to join.

Let me know, if anything is going on or someone just wants to go get a drink or some lunch and give me the scoop on where to have work done on my rig in town(all my tools are currently in Portland still).

any or points in the right direction are much appreciated.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:20 AM

Yes, you will do fine. There will be a couple of place that you might not be-able to go through on your own. I wouldn't worry though they have recovery vehicles to assist and everyone else on the trail helps. I've been on this trail about 7 times.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:01 AM
President

You bet come on out you will have a blast!!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:02 AM
FOL Officers

You can register online by clicking on the march of dimes rally logo and get a discount or register in the morning at pioneer park. A stock rubicon should have no problem. We ran our rubi before mods on this trail a number of times.
Hope to see you there. What color is your rig?
Old 06-28-2013, 01:44 PM

Thanks for all the replies. I will come and check it out on Saturday. Should be fun if I don't break anything expensive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muskegmike View Post
Hope to see you there. What color is your rig?
Should be easy to spot me, the Rubicon is "Mango Tango Pearl" also known as orange.